Learning is an ongoing continuous activity. Death and taxes + change are constants. Change is a constant that at times brings uncertainty, yet uncertainty may not be adverse, yet favorable. By applying quality basics
principles and its new frontier, simplification, to provide a basis to adapt and overcome change it just makes sense. We indicate some pointers for organizations, the enterprise, and/or governments to look themselves in a
mirror; the GlobalNet experience shows that the following are some of the most common constrains that organizations and governments makes.
- Establishing, implementing and maintaining a complex management system. Simplification is quality's newest frontier, embrace it. And QMS ISO 9001 is a tool to enhance business performance.
- Acting upon quality objectives as a subset separate and yet different than the business or the organization's objectives, mission and values. There should be no difference from mission,
values and objectives of the company, organization, enterprise, government, et al.
- Mature organizations do not distinguish management reviews from the necessary reviews that address identification of improvements, addressing action, metrics to improve performance, and
so on. Further, mature yet competent organizations address challenges in a series of team efforts (or meetings).
- Obtaining information from the market becomes a close-ended question that does not contribute much to the company, enterprise, government and organization's performance. Is a
mere exercise to fulfill some sort of requirements or obligation.
- Know what opportunities to improve are and tackle these as if there were jewels such that brings improvement, even not be merely responding but by breaking paradigms. Often we find
that the term "root cause" creates constrains and thus limitations.
- Take audits as an advantage to truly improve performance. Internal auditing need be, as requires by external audit protocol, competent and impartial minimum. Is key in establishing,
implementing and maintaining an audit protocol that contributes dynamically to the objectives of the business, enterprise, government. And this includes selection of the external certification
body (not a subsidiary, often namely registrar), if chosen to achieve and maintain certification.
- To limit training as the main or sole tool to raise competence. In an era of knowledge management the organization needs to carry actions and activities to capture and enhance
performance. We find that together with teamwork, to capture and use of knowledge makes a strong argument to becoming a successful organization in a global economy.
The certification body can easily be a key contributor to the success of the enterprise. Yet many organizations only select and maintain certification to meet a set of requirements or obligations.
By setting the stage that the certification body is a mere mechanical exercise, without adding - value - assessments, an enterprise receives very little benefit. A certification body needs be
innovative, resourceful, competent and impartial, and needs to carry values, mission, vison and integrity if not is a mere paper excercise.
- The quality management system effort needs be a team effort and not a relegation for one individual to establish, implement and maintain.
Competent organizations with an unbiased team effort can face these challenges by adapting to change and taking the opportunity or even ahead of the curve, resulting in performance improvement. Please
let us know how can we best help you by answering to questions and providing more information. Reiterating, we are a courteous informative web portal in promoting management systems impartially.